...for some reason that escapes us //
- 1. Harmony for two or more voices I (01:51)
- 2. A glimpse through a thousand examples (13:40)
- 3. Harmony for two or more voices II (03:45)
- 4. Gentle mountains / Toward (09:05)
- 5. Gentle mountains / With (02:56)
- 6. Gentle mountains / Onward (06:44)
Vilhelm Bromander - double bass and voice
Fredrik Rasten - bowed, plucked and e-bowed guitar, voice
It could be a forgotten music, unearthed from the vacuum of nonusage, reincarnating into a musical form sounding obscure and nevertheless familiar, human.
Vilhelm Bromander & Fredrik Rasten materialize resonant sound with double bass, guitar and subtle vocal shadings. The music puts just intonation on display and explores its potential in improvised as well as composed music. On...for some reason that escapes us, the instrumental and vocal sounds entwine into a collective sounding body of harmonics, interferences and difference tones; a complex from which a physical sense of spatiality arises. The music echoes an imagined old music, inhabiting both melodic and textural entities in continual motion.