Eclíptica (Volumes 1 & 2) //
- 1. Novilunio (New Moon) (07:35)
- 2. Cantos del Crepúsculo (Twilight Chants) (08:12)
- 3. Figuras de Lumbre (Fire Figures) (07:01)
- 4. Danza de Los Brujos (Dance of the Warlocks) (07:55)
- 5. La Noche del Nahual (Night of the Nahual) (07:26)
- 6. El Sexto Presagio (The Sixth Omen) (06:35)
- 7. Solsticio (Solstice) (07:16)
- 8. Altar (Altar) (07:36)
- 9. Constelaciones Imposibles (Impossible Constelations) (07:50)
- 10. Día de Equinoccio (Equinox Day) (09:30)
- 11. Quimeras del Desierto (Desert Chimeras) (07:17)
- 12. Entierro Celeste (Sky Burial) (05:54)
Rogelio Sosa - guitar, feedback and electronics
"The pieces in Eclíptica were produced from explorations made with a modular array of guitar pedals - connected in closed circuit - that generates and processes feedback signals.
The sounds resulting from this feedback system are rooted in complex signals of chaotic behavior.
The improvisational and compositional mediation with this instrument consists in executing small parametric variations that trigger new arborescences of a continuous energy flow that seems to have an organic, autonomous and everchanging life.
The twelve pieces in this double album were recorded in the same number of days and are organized in two volumes:
The first volume, inspired by scenes of necromancy and shamanic trance.
The second volume, which alludes to ritual practices that exalt the celestial order .
Thus the title of the album and the succession of the pieces seek to place the listener in a programmatic context that invites him to enter a non-existent mythology inspired by syncretic mysticism and the cyclical nature of certain invisible forces and energies ”- Rogelio Sosa