- 1. Wide Red (03:42)
- 2. Di Fianco (05:58)
- 3. Sostenuto (08:47)
- 4. Partita - Allemande I (04:47)
- 5. Partita - Digression (00:36)
- 6. Partita - Allemande II (03:04)
- 7. Partita - Courante (02:58)
- 8. Partita - Sarabande (03:43)
- 9. Partita - Gigue (02:06)
- 10. Panopticon (04:19)
- 11. Seven Perspectives - Point Zero (00:31)
- 12. Seven Perspectives - Point One (00:30)
- 13. Seven Perspectives - Point Two (00:48)
- 14. Seven Perspectives - Point Three (01:33)
- 15. Seven Perspectives - Point Five (02:20)
- 16. Seven Perspectives - Point Six (00:41)
- 17. Seven Perspectives - Point Seven (00:39)
- 18. Side Shadow (11:10)
- 19. Vanishing Point (06:02)
Point 4 began as a fusion between four musicians – Jon Balke, Kenneth Karlsson, Bjørn Rabben, and Ingar Zach. Percussion instruments and conceptual sounds were a mutual passion for the partnership from the beginning. Since February 2006 Point 4 has worked using different approaches towards improvisation based on compositional elements. Point 4 uniquely blends two virtuoso duos from contemporary and improvisational music and creates their music partly through improvisation, and partly through samples and fragments from existing music. On “Panopticon” simple structures and small cells provides opportunity for improvisational freedom. Certain tracks resemble pre-composed works, while others display an open and almost random nature. “Panopticon” is a work which reveals the various inherent directions in the organism Point 4.
Point 4 is an exciting ensemble with a persistent desire to develop it’s music. In 2008 they have pursued cooperation with composers such as Bent Sørensen and Rolf Wallin. Additionally, they perform a program based on James Dillon’s work.
Musikken får klinge ut i et møtepunkt mellom ulike inspirasjonskilder. Resultatet er en plate som lyder friskt, som en blanding av det spontane og det kontrollerte
All About Jazz
...the quartet parlays expressionism into many sub-plots and underlying motifs as if they're spinning a huge geometrical web that transcends any strict sense of musical normalcy. It's a powerful, yet daintily outlined trek that should offer gobs of stimulation to one's neural network.
...from start to finish it’s an absolute treat.
innbydende i sin gjennomført åpne og egenartede form
Carl Kristian Johansen
...poengterte og velkomponerte, i en poetisk helhet med helt utsøkt lydkvalitet.