- 1. Hidden Values Part I: The Umbrella (04:19)
- 2. Hidden Values Part II: Optical Tubes (06:45)
- 3. Hidden Values Part III: The Lock (08:47)
- 4. Kernel Expansion part I (04:30)
- 5. Kernel Expansion part II (05:19)
- 6. Kernel Expansion part III (04:37)
- 7. Reality and Secrets part I (08:42)
- 8. Reality and Sectrets part II (06:36)
- 9. Reality and Sectrets part III (02:50)
- 10. Untitled One (04:49)
- 11. Oslo Sound Space Transport System : Route no.1 (22:28)
- 12. Sound Exposure in Peru: Lima Mosaic (06:05)
- 13. Sound Exposure in Peru: Cusco (01:32)
- 14. Sound Exposure in Peru: Pisac Heights (02:41)
- 15. Sound Exposure in Peru: Andes by foot (10:20)
- 16. Sound Exposure in Peru: Andes by train (05:56)
- 17. Sound Exposure in Peru: Titikaka (05:16)
- 18. A Soundwalk through Shanghai (08:35)
- 19. Untitled 2 (07:43)
NB. Binatural files!
Only for headphones! At the moment the only available files for this recording are binatural, they will only work as intended using headphones. We hope to have the normal stereo version up this week for regular loudspeaker use.
Natasha Barrett is Norways most prominent composer of electro-acoustic music, rewarded with prizes and awards in numerous countries. Peat + Polymer is a double portrait of her artistic work, showcasing the connections and contradictions between synthetic and organic sound and their relation to space.
Natasha Barrett is a British-Norwegian composer, performer and researcher of electroacoustic art music. Her output spans instrumental and electroacoustic composition through to sound-art, sound-architectural installations and interactive projects. Barrett completed her Master’s Degree at the University of Birmingham, moving on to her Doctoral degree in composition at City University in London in 1998.
In addition to collaborating with performers, she often involves experimental designers and scientists in her work. Her compositional aesthetics are derived from acousmatic issues focusing on the aural perception of detail, hidden sounds, structure and potential meaning. The composition and manipulation of space is a central element in much of this work.
Amongst her list of international recognitions is the prestigious Nordic Council Music Prize.
All tracks are 16/44.1 binaural versions of 3D audio compositions, mixed and mastered specially for headphone listening.