Ringing Still Life //
- 1. Aaiii Guit+Klavier Gliss Guitarbong (01:57)
- 2. Aaiii Guit+Klavier Gliss Guitarbong with field recordings (01:57)
- 3. Schnitzel-Caixinha Sample333up Sample750down Glockleiter (02:05)
- 4. Schnitzel-Caixinha Sample333up Sample750down Glockleiter with field recordings (02:05)
- 5. Agudo (Bonustrack) (00:15)
- 6. AhahaPim (Bonustrack) (00:11)
- 7. BaixoCrick (Bonustrack) (00:16)
- 8. Caixinha (Bonustrack) (00:07)
- 9. Glockenleiter (Bonustrack) (00:11)
- 10. LoopCavaco (Bonustrack) (00:13)
- 11. Oitava (Bonustrack) (00:13)
Laura Mello — electronics
SPECIAL EDITION — includes 7 free ringtones!
Ringing Still Life is a 7″ concept-album (2004-2017).
The medium where I discovered what I would later learn to call hörspiel accompannied me throughout my childhood. At that time, I had a huge collection of children´s stories on 7″ vinyl, including pretty well done musical arrangements. Thus, I wanted to honor the format that surely influenced my further musical path, bringing together in one single concept two technologies that refer to different times: ringtones and vinyl records.
The double groove cut enhances the game with a chance operation: either you reach the groove with only ringtones in it, or you hear ringtones and field recordings. The material for the ringtones was generated in many steps within some years, played during a jam session recorded at the ELAK-Studios in Vienna, and other random recordings from the time, processed and re-composed later on.
The field recordings belong to another collection of mine which includes sound landscapes from many places I have been. Ringing Still Life is a sounding bridge between different media, times, places and my first work on vinyl.
(Laura Mello, 2018)